Meatballs are one of the most beloved dishes in the Italian kitchen. Just remember the famous Clemenza’s meatballs and sauce from Godfather, they sure looked delicious. But we are not talking about this fat lovable Mafioso and his herbed meatballs here.
This is a story of Omaha steaks meatballs which are usually larger than your average meatball and provide the rich gourmet flavor of an all-beef dish. And while you can buy Omaha steaks meatballs frozen, they are super easy to make, and they are great to combine with various side dishes and dips. So here is everything you need to know about cooking Omaha steaks meatballs.
Why Omaha Steaks Meatballs?
If you need a quick weeknight dinner and you feel a lot like eating some delicious meatballs, or you need to prepare a lot of food for guests, and you don’t have enough time to do it, frozen meatballs are the way to go.
And you can’t go wrong with those that are made of only beef and lightly spiced Italian seasoning. Meatballs are very versatile, and there are a lot of different ways to prepare and serve them, but first something about preparing them for cooking.
How Is Their Nutrient Value?
Omaha steak meatballs’ main ingredients are beef. Since they are really large, the usual serving size is three meatballs, but no one will blame you if you want to take seconds. The serving size of Omaha steaks meatballs contains 280 calories. Three meatballs contain 12% of protein, 37% of fat and 19% of sodium. The Romano cheese in the meatballs gives them a unique Italian flavor that makes them a great choice for pasta and other Italian dishes.
How To Thaw The Meatballs?
It’s hard to mess things up with meatballs, even if you put them in a dish with cold running water and put them in a microwave on defrost mode, they will come out perfectly fine. Still, the best way to thaw them is to keep them in a dish in the refrigerator a couple of hours or overnight.
How Long Should You Cook The Meatballs?
Frozen pre-cooked meatballs usually cook in less than 12 minutes. If the meatballs are bought raw, you should probably cook them about twenty minutes or more, depending on the cooking method.
How To Cook Them?
There are several pretty simple ways to prepare frozen meatballs.
1. One of them is cooking them with BBQ sauce in a saucepan over medium heat. They should be done in about ten minutes. Warm meatballs in a barbeque sauce would make a perfect ingredient for a hearty filling sandwich.
2. You can also toss them in a slow cooker with various other ingredients and leave them to cook for about four hours. Depending on the sauce you add to the slow cooker, the meatballs can turn out to be an Italian, Chinese or any other authentic dish. Also, this method of cooking makes them juicy and absolutely fascinating.
3. This might seem like a silly idea, but you can make a pizza out of the meatballs. Just put them on the top of the dough, cover them with cheese and leave to bake in the oven for approximately twenty minutes. For even more sinful pleasure, make a fancy pull-apart pizza ring with a tasty dip in the center.
4. You can grill them to prepare a great snack for the appetizer. To make things more interesting, you can grill the meatballs on skewers along with veggies, mushrooms or similar ingredients. This meal can be cooked in less than ten minutes.
5. Have you ever heard about Köttbullar? It’s a famous Swedish dish that includes mashed potatoes, gravy and some cranberry sauce on the side… and of course, meatballs. Meatballs are baked in the oven for twenty minutes or so. Afterwards, they are covered with gravy and served with mashed potatoes.
6. Make it a one pot meal by layering veggies, meatballs, rice and other ingredients you like and cook for twenty minutes or more.
7. Prepare Boules de Picolat. It is a Catalan dish that involves simmering the meatballs in a rich tomato-mushroom sauce with green olives. This recipe requires approximately forty minutes of cooking if the meatballs are completely raw and twenty minutes if they are precooked. The meatballs in sauce are then served over boiled potatoes.
8. Bake the meatballs in a casserole. Combine the Omaha steaks meatballs with cooked pasta (this is great when you have leftover pasta), tomato sauce, some greens and a handful of melting cheese. Bake in a preheated oven for fifteen to twenty minutes. This dish can be frozen before baking and pre-prepared for eating the next day. Easy, breezy and delicious.
9. Make it a BBQ. Cook the meatballs in a skillet for about ten minutes and roll them up in a BBQ sauce to make them even more delicious.
10. Go with the traditional way and simmer the meatballs in a pot of tasty herby marinara and serve over pasta, noodles or polenta. It may be old-fashioned, but the taste is still outstanding.
Frozen meatballs are a true gift when you need to make a quick dinner or lunch, but that doesn’t mean they need to taste as they are something you just tossed onto the stove. These ideas will spark your imagination into creating an astounding meatball dish you won’t be able to get enough of.
In fact, we are sure that you will make cooking Omaha steaks meatballs a tradition after you try out one of these recipes.