Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
I can’t with this dish right now.
I can’t with the way I love it, am obsessed with it, suffer heart palpitations just thinking about it, and need to eat it for every meal ever for the rest of my life.
Buffalo + Enchiladas?!
Major just got taken to a whole new level.
It was obvious that I needed to feature a buffalo recipe for Super Bowl week, so here ya go. I mean, are you even allowed to host an SB party without buffalo something? I think not. But in my wildest dreams never did I dream I’d dream a dream quite as dream-tastic as these Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas.
They’re just, so… dreamy.
I suppose most girrrls would reserve the “dreamy” adjective for the likes of Clooney and DiCaprio, but of course I’m a nutcase so I use it with food. But in my mild defense I’m pretty sure after just one bite you will totally know what I’m getting at. Like, these babies are a cloud of spicy, buffalo deliciousness wrapped in an epic slathering of cheese that will literally make you swoon.
And no, I’m not being dramatic
(yes I am) - These are seriously ah-mazzzzzing.
Spell check whaat?
Since my “healthy?” whatever thing is alive and well, I tried to keep these enchis in check while still enjoying loads of flavor. A mix of skim and whole milk cheeses helped cut down on fat, as did some lean pre-cooked chicken. But then I tried to be all stealth and use low-carb tortillas, and guess what? They were the wrong size!! Wayyy too small for my 9″X9″ pan, it looked positively silly. So I doubled down on the tortillas to fit them to my baking dish, because ‘make it work’ moments aren’t just for Tim Gunn. You can avoid my pitfall by just buying medium size tortillas in the first place, or you can just follow my illogical lead.
I mean, who care’s about being sensible when you’re eating the greatest buffalo dish ever?
A few odds and ends:
Each enchilada is super hearty, so feel free to cut them in halves or thirds for an appetizer-like serving.
Each enchilada is freakin’ delicious, so maybe ignore what I just said and keep them all for yourself.
Dave really loved these. He wanted you to know that.
Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 12 - 16oz Pre-Cooked Chicken
- 8 small (or 4 medium) Low Carb Tortillas (I used Trader Joe's)
- 1/3 cup Buffalo Sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot)
- 2 cups Plain Pizza Sauce (I used Prego)
- 2 tbsps Low Fat Sour Cream
- 1 cup Part Skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/3 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Scallions to top (optional)
- In skillet combine pizza sauce and buffalo sauce over medium heat, stirring well. Once mixture begins to bubble, whisk in sour cream, combining thoroughly before reducing flame to low. Allow the sauce to simmer until needed.
- While sauce simmers, shred pre-cooked chicken by hand into small strips.
- When ready, evenly spread a thin layer of sauce into oven safe baking dish (mine was 9"X9"). Next, pour 80% of remaining sauce over chicken, then toss until well coated. Lay tortillas out on flat surface, spoon 3 tbsps of chicken down the center, then lightly sprinkle with mozzarella. Roll-up tortilla tightly and place into baking dish seam-side down. Once all tortillas are rolled, pour over with last of sauce, then top with remaining mozzarella and blue cheese. Bake in oven at 375F for 20-minutes until hot and bubbly, then immediately plate & serve, garnishing with diced scallions if desired.
Calories: 351 Fat: 13g Carbohydrates: 31g Protein: 40g
need leftovers now.