Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
How do we feel about starting the week with some pie?
Because I’m feeling really, really good about it.
Yes, this is a bit indulgent for a Tuesday. And no, this isn’t at all healthy.
But it’s worth it. So, sooo worth it.
Allow me to list the ways you are going to die over this Frozen Peanut Butter Pie.
- It’s a no bake dessert.
- It’s filled with a luscious peanut butter mousse.
- It’s wrapped in a buttery chocolate crust.
- It’s a cool, creamy delight.
- Calories don’t count in the Summer. Naturally.
Speaking of Summer, can you believe it’s already the middle of August? Where the hell has the time gone?! There are back-to-school supplies at Duane Reade, new fall handbags at Michael Kors, and I swear even a few pumpkin recipes are already creeping their way onto Pinterest. Ughhh, I’m just not ready you guys. I haven’t spent nearly enough time at the beach. And I still never bought a new pair of Summer sunglasses. And I’ve yet to binge drink margaritas!
Okay, I’ve done that last one. But only like, three times.
So with the clock ticking on Summer, it’s time to really turn things up a notch. I need to be frying on the sand every weekend. And go to happy hour every Thursday. And make all sorts of ridiculously bad decisions, because isn’t that what being young and wild and free is all about?!
Let’s YOLO, kids.
And we’ll start with this Frozen Peanut Butter Pie.
I know, I talk a big game. And Frozen Peanut Butter Pie is hardly the epitome of bra-burning, rebellious youth. But I mean, my Mom reads this. I can’t tell ya everything.
So I’ll stick with the stuff you can handle. And this Frozen Peanut Butter Pie? You can definitely handle this.
We all know that Peanut Butter + Chocolate = Heaven. We also know that Frozen things + Summer weather = Cool, Delicious Relief. So when you put equations 1 & 2 together, you know the results are going to be major.
So damn tasty you might just flash someone for the hell of it! … (don’t blame me, it’s the pie)
Basically, Frozen Peanut Butter Pie is all sorts of badass. A sinfully cool confection, this pie is the perfect no-fuss Summer dessert. With a creamy, velvety texture and bursting with sumptuous peanut butter & chocolate flavor, this is one treat you’ll be hard pressed not to devour in one sitting.
But if you did… that’d be pretty #YOLO.
Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- In food processor, grind graham crackers into crumbs before setting aside in large bowl. In another bowl, slice butter before melting in the microwave for ~45 seconds. Combine butter with graham crackers, mixing thoroughly until all crumbs are damp.
- Using your fingertips, press buttered crumbs into pie dish, distributing evenly. Allow to set in freezer until needed.
- In small pot, heat milk and confectioners sugar over medium-low flame. Next, mix in peanut butter, adding a few tablespoons at a time. Once all peanut butter has been incorporated and mixture is thick and smooth, immediately remove from heat.
- In large bowl, whisk peanut butter with cool whip until thoroughly combined. Evenly pour mousse into pie crust, then freeze for 1 hour. When ready, remove pie from freezer before drizzling with chocolate syrup and topping with crushed peanuts. Return pie to freezer for another 5 -6 hours before serving.
bail money not included.