Parmigiano Steak Salad
This heat wave is really, really starting to get to me.
First, my style is a hot mess right now. Literally.
Like, why don’t I own more moo-moos? Or any moo-moos, period? Who do I think I am with these clingy, figure-hugging dresses that I start sweating in the second I zip them up? A supermodel? NO. I’m pretty sure Giselle doesn’t schlep it on the subway in 100° heat.
And my hair. Good lord my hair. At this point it’s permanently molded into a messy frizzy bun atop my sweaty, sweaty head. Girls with short hair – for once, I envy you. Girls with long hair who are still wearing it down – Stop. The. Madness.
Second, much like my appearance, my brain is totally fried.
As in, taking money out of the ATM now requires an alarming degree of concentration. Or how my Starbucks order has deteriorated from an automatic “Skinny Vanilla Latte!” to “Nevermind, this is too hard.”
And how I completely forgot to take progress pics of this delightful Parmigiano Steak Salad.
You’d think after 100 recipes I’d have my routine down pat, but this heat wave has me seriously impaired. I mean look, this is a salad we’re making here – rocket science it is not. But I like to be thorough, ya know? Step-by-step pictures are my thing. CwC‘s thing. The reason this place makes cooking so damn easy! But alas, my mind has melted, and it wasn’t until I was photographing the final product that I realized no other pictures had been taken.
But you know what? I’m too hot to even care.
So here it is! Parmigiano Steak Salad, sans visual instructions. Let’s do this.
Frankly this recipe is too self explanatory for a picture tutorial, and I wouldn’t want to insult your intelligence. The gist is this – cook up some steak, whip up a creamy horseradish vinaigrette, and compile your salad. The dressing only requires a handful of ingredients, and the steak can be any cut you like. Better yet, use leftover steak you’ve got lying around the fridge for ultra quick preparation.
What I liked best about this Parmigiano Steak Salad was the simplicity – fresh produce, a smooth natural dressing, and juicy protein. In 15 minutes you’ll be enjoying a crisp, cool, refreshing meal that’ll satisfy your taste buds and make you forget what a sweaty beast you look like.
Now that’s something even your heat wave brain can understand!
Parmigiano Steak Salad
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
- 1lb Prepared Steak (Sirloin, Skirt, etc)
- 6 cups Arugula (~5 oz)
- 1/2 cup Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano (~4 oz)
- 3/4 cup Sliced Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Sliced Red Onion
- 3 tbsps Low Fat Sour Cream
- 3 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsps Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsps Horseradish
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt & Coarse Black Peppercorn - approx.
- In medium-sized bowl, whisk together sour cream, EVOO, red wine vinegar, horseradish, crushed garlic, and sugar until smooth. Add salt & pepper to taste, then set aside.
- In large bowl combine arugula, onions, tomatoes, and parmigiano. Pour over with ~1/4 cup of vinaigrette, then toss until evenly mixed. Salad should be lightly damp, not overly saturated with dressing.
- Plate salads as desired, then top with sliced steak. Immediately serve, with vinaigrette on the side if desired.
>> Because of the different types of steak that can be used, I decided to skip nutrition facts for this recipe.
so easy. so not hot