Sweet Pea & Mozzarella Dip
It’s Friday, so we should probably make some dip, right?
To me, dips = good times. Was sour cream & onion dip required at all childhood sleepovers? Of course it was. And was salsa present at your most recent bbq? Si, señorita. And hummus – when have you ever hung out with your girlfriends and not dove head first into a pile of hummus? Like, never.
Dips are all about feel good moments, and I’m definitely feeling good about this Sweet Pea & Mozzarella Dip.
Whenever I’m hovered over a bowl of dip, one of several things are happening.
- I’m complaining about my job, my weight, or the statuses people put on Facebook. I’m a very cheerful person.
- There’s a spirited debate surrounding whether Jennifer Aniston is finally pregnant, if gel manicures are worth the money, or if Magic Mike really is the best movie of all time. I’m an intellectual, too.
- When did I get so old? Was college really 5 years ago? WHY HAVE I WASTED MY YOUTH!? Melodrama is my thang.
- The realization that my life is pretty great, that I look pretty good, and that the future looks pretty bright. Peace at last.
So yes, dips are an integral part of achieving perspective. They’re also delicious, and fun to eat, and kinda cute, too. And this Sweet Pea & Mozzarella Dip? It’s no exception. It’s totally tasty, a blast to enjoy, and 100% adorable.
What I love about this dip is how easy it is to prepare. Mash some peas & shallots in your food processor, lightly saute them in a skillet, and melt in the cheese. In 10 minutes you’ll be serving up a hot & melty dip everyone will cheer for. Best of all, this baby gives you a full serving of veggies, it’s low on fat, and it’s packed with protein! Can you say win, win, win?!
So the next time you need to gossip, or complain, or work your way through a pretend existential crisis, whip up some Sweet Pea & Mozzarella Dip – This sweet and savory concoction is the good for your body, good for your mind, all around good-time dip you’ve been waiting for
Sweet Pea & Mozzarella Dip
Yield: 5 servings
Prep Time: 2 mins
Cook Time: 8 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
- 10 oz Frozen Sweet Peas (I used Cascadian Farm)
- 1 cup Diced Shallots
- 2 cups Low Fat Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsps Crushed or Minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes - approx.
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt & Coarse Black Peppercorn - approx.
- In food processor combine peas & shallots, pulsing until chunky. Set aside.
- In large skillet, saute peas & shallots in EVOO over medium heat, seasoning with garlic, crushed red peppers, and salt & pepper as you go. Once peas are soft and fragrant, stir in chicken broth. Next, add in mozzarella, combining one handful at a time.
- When mixture is chunky and all cheese has melted, remove from heat. Immediately plate and serve, pairing with pita chips or your choice of cracker for dipping.
>> Peas should be frozen when placed in food processor.
>> Cascadian Farm is my preferred frozen veggie brand - they're organic!
Calories: 144 Fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 11g Protein: 11g
just dip it.